This picture of a group of relatives and friends was made one Easter Sunday at the Crayne Presbyterian Church. It was in the early 1950's, about 1953-54.
Back row left to right: Belle and Leffell Boswell, Velda (Ordway) Johnson, holding her young son, and her husband Doug Johnson, Velma (Ordway) and Seth Ferguson, and Evah Lee Brantley Travis.
Front row: Sheryl and Sandra Ferguson, Brenda Travis, and Gary Hill.
We were dressed in our Easter finery, even to the little hats that we had on, and our Easter baskets.
Some Crayne News Items During this time. Crayne News Reporter - Margaret Howard.
- Those on the sick list are: Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Holloman, Mrs. Julie Belt, Mrs. Sarah Cruce, Mr. Rob Dorroh.
- Miss Bernice Sutton is now employed at the Marion Cafe.
- Mr. and Mrs. Leonard Campbell and Darell, were the Sunday guests of Mr. and Mrs. Clifton Ordway and Ronnie.
- Mr. Donald Hodge, of Texas, is visiting Mrs. Sarah Cruce and other relatives in this community.
- Mr. Jerry Brown, of Murray State College, spent the week end with his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Walter Brown.
- Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Jones were the Sunday dinner guests of Mr. and Mrs. Ray Jones and Tommy.
- The infant son of Mr. and Mrs. Goldie Rushing, of Detroit, formerly of Crayne, passed away yesterday at Detroit.